Thursday, January 3, 2013

Is this thing on?

Hello Blog Universe! Rebecca here, the other half to this crazy blog. Amanda has already done a great job introducing herself to y'all along with posting other ramblings (blog whore). So I thought now would be as good a time as any to introduce myself and let you inside my ADD riddled brain. 

Let's start off with a little back story, shall we? We shall? OK!!
Most of my late teen/adult life I've always been right on the edge of being considered overweight. I've always carried my weight well. Never in one specific area, it was always kinda spread out everywhere...well except for my butt. I've always had a big butt, always WILL have a big butt. These are things after countless hours of therapy I've come to terms with. 

Fun Fact: This dude is BY FAR my favorite Meme!
I tell you all that to tell you this:
After you have a baby shit don't look the same anymore!! Yes people, that means, someone decided to put up with my craziness long enough to marry me and plant a baby in my uterus. I gained loads of weight, as everyone does with their pregnancies. This is fine. The problem I'm having is my "baby" will be four in July and I still weight the same as I did when I had him in 2009. Womp Womp.
Granted I HAVE lost 19 pounds since September so ya...that's cool.

Also, this being the new year and me being the bandwagoner that I am, I decided to also put my New Year's Resolutions out there for all you guys to see and ridicule! I kid, I kid.

  1. Lose the remaining 58 pounds I have to lose to get me back to my fighting weight.
  2. Devote one day a month to "me time". Whether that be going to get my hair or nails done, treating myself to some froyo and a good book, or buying some new workout gear. (That whole Happy Wife, Happy Life saying is true, y'all! Could someone please tell my husband that?)
  3. Be an "in the moment" Mother and Wife. So often I'm focused on the things that need to be done around the house, or at my job that I can't appreciate the here and now. That's a real big one I'm going to have to work on.
That's it guys, that's all I've got. Make sure to check back later in the week to see Me and Amanda's before pictures when we were chunky drunk at her birthday party last June!! Fun times!




No comments:

Post a Comment